Coach and Referee Training
Each year, all AYSO coaches and referees must complete both on-line and in-person training to help ensure the safety and enjoyment for the players in the season to come. Announcements regarding the availability of the on-line training is provided by Email to the Coaches and Referees typically in early March. Formal instructions to access the AYSO on-line training portal are as follows:
- Go to www.ayso.org.
- Click on Online Training on the top menu bar.
- Click on Go To Online Certification and Training.
- Enter your AYSO ID (found on eayso.org or the registration form you printed) and your last name.
Prior to attending the in-person training, two on-line courses must be completed:
- Safe Haven, and,
- One of the following depending on if the volunteer is a Coach or Referee:
- Coach Training Pertinent to the Coach's AYSO Division
- Basic Referee Training
In-person training typically occurs between in late-March to late-April at a local school in Dubuque.